Monday, December 20, 2010

Wham!!! It Gets Better

Back squat 3x5
Standing press 3x5

Ended up short on time today.  Spent 7 hours painting a huge CFWC logo on the wall at the ClubHouse with fellow CFWC trainer Timmy.  We're not quite finished but if I do say so myself, it's looking sharp so far.  I then had two classes to coach with an hour of downtime between.  Normally I would have stayed after to finish the session with a pulling movement, but by the time the 7:15 class was over, the snowfall had gotten a little outrageous.  Thought it better to get my ass home.  Hit 270# in the squat, which wasn't too bad, and is definitely a PR for 3x5.  Tried 140# in the press for the 2nd week in a row.  Last week I managed 3x4 and was confident I'd hit 3x5 today.  The first two sets were a battle and I did hit 5s in both.  The 3rd was not to be though, and I only managed a triple.  I'm torn as whether to back off to 137.5# next week, or give 140# another go and hope for the best.  We shall see.
Tomorrow I'll make up today's power cleans and hit the CFWC workout of the day.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment