Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12/6 and 12/7 Mmmmmmmmgrrrr...

12/6
Back squat 3x5

12/7
AM
Press 3x5

PM
Power clean 5x3
Weighted ring dip 3x5
Weighted ring pullup 3x5

So, my 5-year old's birthday festivities Thursday and Friday, and the awesome stomach bug that ripped through my household this weekend, threw a bit of a wrench in the works as far as training goes.  I only slept about 2 and a half hours Friday night and not much more than that Saturday night.  Sunday I felt like complete hell.  I managed to dodge the puke bullet but I just wasn't right.  Achy, cold, lack of appetite, exhausted obviously.  A couple of ibuprofen, which I do not like to take, and a sensational good night's sleep, had me feeling like a new man Monday morning.  All the same, I thought it prudent to ease back into the training game.  Hence, only the one movement, back squats.  Much to my surprise, the weight went up pretty easy, despite the weekend.  260# for sets across.
I decided to consolidate the important strength lifts that I missed Friday, Saturday and Monday into today's training, in an effort to get back on schedule.  All went well, so I'm satisfied that I've checked the proper box.  In the morning I hit 135# in the press, which may be a PR for 3 sets of 5.  In the evening, did 5 sets of 3 in the power clean at 190#.  The heel is finally good to go and the oly shoes are back on.  This makes Johnny a happy monkey.  Did the ring dips and pullups in superset fashion.  45# in the RD, 50# in the PU.
Rest tomorrow.  Front squats, bench press and ring rows on Thursday.  DL and conditioning on Friday.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment