Sunday, December 26, 2010

12/26 ...Your Smile and Your Little Finger...

Back squat 3x5
Standing press 3x5
GHD situp 3x10

I hadn't worked out since the 23rd.  As it turned out, I was busy enough with Christmas festivities at my folks', and the weather shitty enough, that I didn't make it to the Body Compound in Bloomington for a WOD on Christmas Eve, as was my intention.  I did however drink copious amounts of beer and my fair share of bourbon the night before. What can I say?  My brothers are instigators and I am ashamedly highly susceptible to peer pressure.  So, I was in no shape to work out anyway.  Then we had the pleasure of driving home Christmas Eve in the awesome central Illinois weather.  Apparently, the folks in the middle part of the state are cutting back on salt use.  A drive that took 80 minutes on the 23rd took 3 hours+ the next day.  Which was fun.
275# in the squat, which was zero fun, but by far the most I've squatted for 3x5.  I was on the fence about whether to try 140# in the press for the 3rd week in a row, or drop to 137.5#, which I felt confident about.  I opted for the latter and hit the 3x5 without too much trouble.  140# next week for sure.  I've been slacking a bit with core work lately, so I wanted to get some of that in without crippling myself for the rest of the week.  Hence the low volume in the GHD situps.
Nasty metcon and GHRs tomorrow.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment