Thursday, December 2, 2010

11/30 & 12/1 Rainbows and Butterflies

My baby boy is 5 today! Happy Birthday Doodle!
11/30
Power clean 5x3
Handstand pushup 3x max reps

The sore heel is finally showing some marked improvement, to the point that I've graduated from running shoes to Chuck Taylors.  Could be back in my oly shoes soon, which I'm looking forward to.  Used 185# for sets across in the power clean.  HSPU numbers weren't great, still an enigma, sometimes really good, other times so-so.  15, 14, and a real bitch of a 13.  We had a dilly of a metcon planned for Wednesday and I wanted to do it with the group, so I decided to forgo the conditioning today.  Which brings us to...

12/1
For time:
12 Deadlifts 275#/ 40 Wallballs 20#
9 DLs/ 30 WBs
6 DLs/ 20 WBs
3 DLs/ 10 WBs

This was from last years Alabama sectional, which was won by eventual CrossFit Games 2nd place finisher Rich Froning.  Rich's time was 5:43.  The DLs felt unusually light, not that I'm complaining, and were unbroken for the entire WOD, though just barely.  Wallballs were tough, but I managed to never take more than a 2-3 breath break at a time.  When it was all said and done the clock read 5:50, which would have been good for 3rd place in this event.  This is somewhat skewed, as this was the 2nd WOD of the day for the sectional competitors, and I was fresh.  Also, I was able to set up my barbell right next to my wallball station, thus reducing transition time to virtually nil.  Still, I'm happy with the effort, and also some feedback that my current training appears to be on track.  Resting today, as I'm pretty gosh darned tired and sore.  Back at it tomorrow.  Front squats, bench and ring rows.
Cheers
J

No comments:

Post a Comment