Wednesday, December 22, 2010

12/21 Koptobbler!

Power clean 3x3

On the minute for 8 minutes:
3 Weighted pullups
Max reps power snatch 1/2BW
*Score by pullup weight x total power snatch reps

Hit 205# for all three sets in the PC.  Metcon was rough.  The idea was to go heavy in the pullup and then in the remaining time in the minute perform as many power snatches as possible.  I used 95# in the power snatch, which was a shade over 1/2BW, and 60# in the pullup which was a little too much.  I think I'd have totaled a lot more PSs if I'd gone with 50#.  I also performed the PUs on rings, which did me no favors.  At any rate, I managed 53 reps x 60# for a score of 3180.
Check out the vid below.  While it may be tempting to describe his performance with words such as gnarly or sick, Danny has mastered his chosen sport to a degree that I can only call beautiful.  The scenery is breathtaking, the music moving.  Enjoy
J

No comments:

Post a Comment