Friday, October 22, 2010

Update

Haven't posted in a while, mostly because training has been a bit crappy lately.  My birthday and the required celebrations are a big part of that.  Recently it's been looking up so hopefully I'm back on the wagon, both training and posting.  A few highlights among many lowlights:

10/15/10
4 Rounds for time:
7 Hang power snatches 95#
1 round of "Cindy", which is
5 Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Squats
-3:35

10/20/10
Hoping to incorporate some Westside Barbell principals into future training at CFWC.  Started tonight with:
DE (dynamic effort) Close-grip bench press, 12x2 on the minute, 60% 1RM
Used 145#.  DE is designed in part to maximize recovery.  After this WOD I felt barely taxed at all, and two days after the fact I still feel no soreness, so I'm inclined to believe the benefits to recovery.  Polished off the session with glute-ham raise pushups.  These are performed by wedging your feet under something (I used my bedframe, you could have a partner hold your feet as well) in a pushup position on the floor.  Contract your glutes and hamstrings HARD, attempting to pull yourself up into an upright position.  Use your arms, as in a pushup, to help yourself up as little or as much as needed.  Follow with a slow negative back to the floor.  These have tremendous benefits to the posterior chain.  I did 3x8 and am still feeling them.  Nice.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment