Monday, October 11, 2010

10/11 Pick Up Something Heavy

Back squat 5-3-1+
Standing press 5-3-1+
Deadhang chinup 3x max reps

Had a hell of a time carving out training time last week.  In an effort to remedy this, I acquired yet another 2nd hand olympic weight set.  So I now have about 400# of iron in the garage to go along with rings, pullup bars, squat rack, bench, a GHD, and a few other random pieces of pretty good stuff.  At the very least, this should allow me to get in the bulk of my strength work at home.
Back squat
235#x5
265#x3
300#x1  Felt like I had 2-3 in me but wasn't willing to dump 300# of iron on the concrete garage floor if I got buried.  Gonna try and find some scrap rubber flooring at the gym to take care of this.

Press
120#x5
135#x3
150#x4   Not too bad.  Haven't tested my 1RM in a while, but I know this is not far off.  Solid.

Deadhang chinup 13, 15, 15.  This was the toughest part of the workout for some reason.  After the 1st set my heart rate skyrocketed, and it was a good 5 minutes before it came back down.  It vexes me.  I'm terribly vexed.
Tomorrow: heavy power cleans, ring dips, metcon and CFE
J

No comments:

Post a Comment