Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10/4 Birthday WOD

3 Rounds for time:
12 Thrusters 135#
12 Doubleunders

Well I was still seriously sore in my hips and hamstrings from my bout with "Diane" Saturday, as well as feeling the effects of some dietary jackassery (beer, cake, ice cream, beer, potatoes, cookies, and beer) on Sunday (Bday celebration with the parental units), but it WAS my 36th birthday, and Haas and CK were kind enough to conjure up a nasty WOD in my honor, soooo....
Hit the foam roller for a good 15 minutes before getting started but my ass and hammies, particularly my left for some reason, were still just screaming at me, so I gave that up and decided to just hit it.  These two movements, heavy thrusters and DUs are strengths for me, so I had hopes for a fast time, maybe 3:30ish.  Gravity, however, had other ideas.  The thrusters just seemed really heavy and slow.  Managed to finish the 1st set unbroken, dropped the bar, grabbed the rope and then tripped TWICE on DUs.  What?  Don't the CrossFit gods know it's my birthday?  Anyway, broke the 2nd set of thrusters once, the 3rd set at least twice, and finished the remaining DUs unbroken.  4:12.  Not as fast as I would've liked but still the fastest time of the day by a minute.  Nice of everyone to let me win on my day.
Hopefully hit a new 1RM in the back squat and perhaps some other madness tonight.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment