Friday, October 15, 2010

10/14 Like When You Climb the Rope in Gym Class...

Front squat, find new 1RM
3 Rounds for time:
3 Rope climbs 15'
15 Wallballs 20#

Hadn't focused on front squats in a while so wanted to find my 1RM for the next strength phase.  Didn't go very well unfortunately.  Warmup weights felt pretty easy but max attempts were lacking. Managed 260# (ughhh) for a 5# PR, then failed badly at 270#, dropped the weight to 265# and failed twice there.  Not sure what the problem was.  Kinda felt like I couldn't find the proper depth and transition from down to up in a smooth manner.  Disappointing, but a PR nonetheless.
Metcon wasn't much better.  Wallballs weren't terrible but the rope climbs got ugly fast.  My already tired and sore biceps had a hard time pulling me up to position my feet, and my grip was screaming at me.  On each of the last 6 climbs I missed the rope with my feet once, which made things even worse.  But I got through it, just not as fast or pretty as I would have preferred.  Something to be said for gutting it out when it's not your day.  RC was good enough to keep an eye on me and video the debacle, warts and all.
Not sure what tomorrow will bring.  I had a plan, but given today's suckitude, I may play it by ear.
J

Awesome.  Now the vid won't load.  Maybe better luck later.

No comments:

Post a Comment