Monday, October 25, 2010

10/25 "Randy"

Close-grip bench press 12x2, 45s rest
Standing dumbell press 10-10-10
Bent-over barbell row 10-10-10

"Randy" for time:
75 Power snatches 75#

Had my 2nd go around with Westside style DE bench press at home.  Added 5# from last week at 150#.  Kept the weight moving fast.  Used 35# DBs and 135# on the barbell for the assistance movements.  Not much to talk about there.
Later at the Clubhouse I had a few minutes between classes to hit the CFWC workout of the day, "Randy".  I hadn't done this WOD in well over a year, clocking in at 4:14.  There were a bunch of solid times on the board and I was anxious to see how I'd fare.  Haas, our resident olympic lifting guru, stuck around to holler at me and keep my form honest.  Managed 25 straight to start, then 3 sets of 15, before finishing with a final 5.  When all was said and done the clock read 3:45, a :29 PR.  PRs make Johnny a happy monkey.  The reps never got heavy, just a little slow.  The weight is light enough that you never really have to Vasalva (holding the breath in the abdomen to help stabilize the midline during heavy lifting) so you really don't have a good excuse to slow down , and I was breathing like a steam engine.  Nice.
Tomorrow: max effort back squatting and the accompanying assistance movements.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment