Thursday, September 30, 2010

9/29 Muscleups

30 Muscleups for time

Took an unexpected rest day yesterday and I can't say I'm sorry.  Just got busy with one thing after an other.  Blah...I did, however, spend some time working on a new training template for the next few months.  More on that later.
Anyway, had a bit of time between classes so I decided to hit a WOD I hadn't done since April of last year.  I've been practicing MUs with no false grip for a little while and was eager to see how it worked out.  Previous best (4/09) was 6:04.  Ended up with a 5:48 PR, which I was pleased with for the most part.  I finally broke 6:00 and managed the 1st 15 reps with no false grip.  Sets were 5-5-5-2-2-2-2-2-2-1-1-1, which is good because in the past I was generally reduced to singles after 15 or so.  Also, I never failed a rep, which on one hand might be considered a plus.  On the other hand, maybe that means I left a bit too much in the tank, and could've gone harder out of the gate.  Ehhh, live and learn and never look a PR in the mouth.  Deadlifts and presses tonight.
Cheers
J

No comments:

Post a Comment