Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Squat/Bench/Jackie

Back squat 3-3-3 (65-75-85% of 1RM)
Bench press 3-3-3 (65-75-85% of 1RM)
Still wasn't feeling 100% today but was eager to get back at it.  Hit the gym in the afternoon before my 6:15 class to move a little iron.  A good long warmup in the back squat helped loosen up the hips, and as is usual for me for some reason, the 2nd set felt lighter than the 1st.  Weights were 215-245-275#.  Bench felt light and fast, which is nice.  Must finally be getting some neuromuscular adaption to the motor pathway of the movement.  Weights were 165-190-215#.  Managed 4 reps with 215#.

"Jackie"
For time:
Row 1000m
50 Thrusters 45#
30 Pullups
After coaching for 2 hours, I hit up a CrossFit classic, "Jackie".  This is one of my favorite benchmark WODs, though right this second I'm having a hard time remembering why.  Got through the row in 3:12 which is about right for me but seemed to take a lot more effort than it should have.  Felt like I should have been able to finish the thrusters unbroken but only managed 38 before taking a quick breather.  Pullup weren't too bad.  Managed to get through those 15/15.  When I nailed the last pullup the clock read 6:41 which is a :10 PR.  Then I flopped on the floor and enjoyed the sensation of massaging my sternum from the inside with my pounding heart.  Ughhh...that hurt way too much for a :10 PR.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment