Friday, September 17, 2010

CFWC WOD 9/17

3 Rounds for time:
10 Hang squat clean thrusters 40# DBs
10 C2B Pullups
*Every minute on the minute perform 5 burpees

Was short on time this evening so after the 5:15 class I warmed up and hit the ClubHouse WOD.  Haas was good enough to stick around to watch the clock and scream obcenities at my slow ass.  Really wanted to try this with 50s but thought I might have trouble sustaining a fast pace.  Turned out that 40s were just right.  Got through the 1st round and 5 HSCTs before the 1st set of burpees.  HSCTs were unbroken (except by burpees), but pullups got a little tough.  Grip was a limiting factor.  I think I could slice a few seconds off this by using a hook grip on the DBs (why didn't that occur to me before?).  When it was all said and done the clock read 3:41.  This WOD was very "Fran"-esque.  It didn't hurt that terribly while I was in the thick of it, but when I finished and hit the floor, it felt like my throat was bleeding for a good 10 minutes.  An hour later and I still can't take a deep breath without coughing.  Must have been a good one.
Some strength work tomorrow.  Probably shoot for a max in the front squat.
Cheers
J

No comments:

Post a Comment