Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3/8/11 Swedish Dark Chocolate

Power clean 8x2 on the minute
1000m Row for time
1 Hour of swim drills

Power cleans weren't too tough at 175#.  Had Haas take a good look at my form and he made a few adjustments to the scoop, which helped quite a bit.  There weren't a lot of fast times on our board in the 1000m row, probably because the majority of our athletes chose to complete the other component of the WOD ("Annie") before the row.  I'd never rowed 1000m for time before, but I know that the last 2 times I did "Jackie" I rowed around 3:18, so I had high hopes for a fast time.  I managed a lackluster 3:13, then laid on the floor for 10 minutes while my throat felt like it was bleeding.  Not sure if the power cleans took their toll, my effort just wasn't there, or if I simply have an unrealistic expectation, but I thought 3:05-3:10 was doable.  In my heart I don't believe the effort was lacking.  I held a 1:35 pace until the final 200m, then gave it all I had left in the tank, for what it's worth.  Afterward, it was straight into the pool to help a member of ours who's training for an Ironman with his swim technique.  Interestingly enough, I kept coming back to CrossFit cues to get my point across when there was a language barrier (in regards to swimming, he's as American as they come), and he made phenomonal progress in just an hour.
Good stuff
J

No comments:

Post a Comment