Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3/14/11 Hope Springs Zoftagular


Maybe spring's coming after all
Back squat 3-5-7
Press 3-5-7

After a weekend that included CFNA's Green Beer and Burpees WOD in downtown Naperville, this old carcass was feeling pretty sore, legs particularly.  The WOD included 100 rep sets of air squats, lunges, pushups and ummmm...burpees.  Did the squats in one shot and nearly did the same in burpees.  Nothing like an extraordinarily whiny person right next to you to keep you moving.  Anyway, with all the lactic yuck in my legs I didn't hold out a lot of hope that the squat numbers would show up the way I hoped.  Took a very long warmup and a bit of rolling out, and they were really tough, but I'll be damned if I didn't hit the numbers anyway.  305x3, 275x5, and 245x7.  The press was another story unfortunately.  Triceps and shoulders just didn't have any pop after 100 pushups (which are a weakness that demand attention).  Only managed 2 reps with 157.5.  I did manage to salvage the session with very tough sets of 145x5 and 130x7.  I took the miss at 157.5 as a message from the gods to lay low for the rest of the day. 
Power cleans tomorrow
J

No comments:

Post a Comment