Saturday, March 5, 2011

3/4/11 One Day Bed

5 Rounds for time:
Handstand walk 20 yards
45# Walking lunge 20 yards

GHD situp 3x20
Back extension 3x15

Well it was a grey, rainy day but unseasonably warm.  Try 70 degrees warm.  Had to get outside and work out, so I measured out a 10 yard course on the front sidewalk, pulled out an empty olympic bar, and gave this little dilly a shot.  I won't lie, I am far from perfect at handwalking.  In fact, I can't even remember the last time I practiced it, so the 1st round took a little while.  But as the WOD wore on, I seemed to hit my stride, and it became a lot of fun.  I got some interesting looks, reaffirming my position as "Crazy Workout Guy", which has become a point of pride.  Interesting to note: you'd think that spending as much time as I did either upside down or resting, that the quads and hips would be fully recovered and ready for the lunges.  Not the case.  Stabilizing in the handstand position took so much out of those muscle groups that the lunges were a hot, burning jar of suck, that only redempt themselves by NOT further smoking my upper body.  Overall. this WOD was far more taxing on every level than I thought it would be.  I love it when it that happens:)
J

No comments:

Post a Comment