Friday, November 26, 2010

11/26 Shazam!!!

Deadlift 1x5
Weighted ring dip 3x5

4 Rounds for time:
6 Handstand pushups
2 Rope climbs 15'
12 Back extensions

Good to be back in the ClubHouse after yesterday's nutritional debauchery.  Yesterday I sat and ate for a solid two hours before staggering from the table, unbuckling my belt, and attempting to stay awake for another three hours of football.  Funny how a few pounds of turkey, more starch than I've had in a month, and a glass or three of a tasty chiraz will droop your eyelids.  This morning my knees were feeling the gluten and my head was feeling the chiraz.  Nothing like deadlifts and a little gut-wrenching metcon to get the blood flowing and shake out the cobwebs.
Went up 10# in the dead to 325#, again lifting and lowering slowly and deliberately, and regripping at the bottom to avoid any bounce.  Ring dips went up 5# to an even 40.  The metcon was fun.  HSPUs were unbroken until the final 2 reps.  The rope climbs went well also, though my grip and biceps were fatiguing badly by the last round.  Had to slow them down a bit in the interest of safety.  Also managed to completely destroy an old running shoe on the descent, to the point that I was starting to feel the heat from the friction of the rope on the bottom of my foot.  I threw the back extensions in just to get a bit more low back and hamstring volume in for the week.  These were unbroken.  Naturally.
Kirsten, a CrossFitter from St. Louis, dropped in to work out with the 10:30 group.  Super sweet gal with nothing but glowing things to say about the box and our community of athletes and trainers.  Great meeting you Kirsten.  Hope we see you again soon.
Afterward, I got an hour and a half of soft tissue work from Tina, our resident massage therapist.  Like a little miracle.  Left shoulder's feeling good and my sore heel's feeling the best it has in weeks.  Helluva good morning.
J

1 comment:

  1. What was your time for this WOD Johnny??
    I JUST did it, 7:17, so yours musta been 3:19? lol

    ReplyDelete