Tuesday, November 23, 2010

11/22 Cherry Passion

Back squat 3x5
Standing press 3x5
Weighted pullup 3x5

Nothing too exciting here.  A troubling issue had me up much of the night.  Was unable to clear my head, much less find recuperative sleep, so energy was pretty shitty overall for most of the day.  Stuck with 250# in the squat since last week was such a crusher.  Felt much, much lighter today.  Also of note, I've started to use my oly shoes for back squats, which I've never done in the past, as well as using a lifting belt for my heaviest sets, something I haven't done since college.  Some argue that the use of a belt limits development of the core, but I would disagree.  I believe I have a very strong core to begin with, do lots of extra core work on top of the major lifts, and have recently read a couple of excellent articles highlighting the advantages of their use from both Westside Barbell and Justin over at '70s Big.  Worth checking out if you care to search for it.  Still trying to find the ideal starting weight in the press.  Last week went 135, 115, 125#, so I'd hoped 130# would work out for all 3 sets across.  My left shoulder had other plans.  Ended up going 130, 125, 125#.  Maybe next week.  Weighted pullups went well, pretty easy at 40#.  I do these strict, on rings, starting in a pronated grip, finishing in a supinated grip.
Hopefully get some work done this week on my shoulder and still-troublesome bruised heel.  We have an excellent sports massage therapist at CFWC who is also a L1 certified trainer.  More on that later.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment