Monday, April 4, 2011

4/2/11 Just Call Me VS

Sectional Open WOD 2
Complete as many reps/rounds as possible in 15 minutes:
9 Deadlifts 155#
12 Pushups (hands release)
15 Box jumps 24"

I ate like a jackass the night before this.  And I suck at pushups.  And I hate AMRAPs.  Basically just un-thrilled to do this WOD.  Ended up with 10 rounds+9 DLs+11 pushups.  Not really happy with this but not disappointed enough to do it over.  Pushups were by far the limiting factor.  I think this was a bad choice for the simple reason that pushups and box jumps aren't easy to judge.  The format demanded no worming in the pushups and hips and knees must open completely on or above the box on box jumps.  I believe this leaves a bit too much grey area.  By no means did I turn in a good score, that's my own dumbass fault, and I'm usually one to give the benefit of the doubt, particularly to other CrossFitters.  But with scores of nearly 17 rounds...some shitty reps had to be counted.  We'll take comfort in knowing we did our best to hold our athletes to the strictest of standards.  If our judges had a doubt, the rep was disallowed.  Here's hoping for a more easily judgeable standard for next week.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment