Monday, January 17, 2011

01/15/11 Kanoodlin'

Event 1
Complete as many rounds/reps as possible in 6 minutes:
8 Deadlifts 185#
8 Over-the-box jumps 24"
-rest exactly 1:00-
Event 2
Complete as many thrusters 135# as possible in 2:00

Event 3
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 for time:
Overhead squat 95# (from floor)
Lateral burpee (over barbell, hands release from floor at bottom)

Event 4
3 Rounds for time:
20 Back squats 115# (from floor)
20 Toes-to-bar
20 Doubleunders

Event 5- the Final
For time:
Row 50 calories
30 Clean & jerks 155#
Row 40 calories
40 Pullups
Row 30 calories
50 American kettlebell swings 53#

Competed this past Saturday in the Great Lakes CrossFit Challenge, hosted by CrossFit Indy North.  It would take me forever to get into it in full detail.  I will however say that despite a disasterous 1st event, and some trying circumstances (see top pic), I managed to improve my standing with every event, going from 28th to 20th to 16th to 14th to 13th, and after the final, 12th.  I did not perform my best, and that's disappointing.  But I learned a few things about my game, both good and bad.  I reconnected with a few friends I've made along the way (two of which beat me, incidently, congrats Matt and Chad, 6th and 9th respectively), and the TON of well-wishing and congratulatory texts and comments on the CFWC site were nothing short of inspiring.  Also, fellow CFWC trainer Tim turned in the performance of his life, qualifying for finals and ultimately finishing 16th.  Couldn't wash the smile off his face with Ajax, and I couldn't be more proud.  CF Indy North hosted a great event, somehow keeping the whole thing on schedule, which is amazing to me.  No t-shirt though.  I gotta call shenanigans on that.
Resting until I don't feel like I've been beaten with a bat.  More pics later
J

No comments:

Post a Comment